I'm currently working for the first time with pathfinding, and it's going very well, almost all the code worked on the first try!
This is the simple pathfinding I made it's an A* algorythm. a very standard one. Working with one pathfinding object in game maker studio is pretty easy. but I pretend to make a pseudo rts with units that move arround themselves.
And the next step is a lot harder, I had to think a lot on how to work arround a system that is designed to not ever encounter moving obstacles but after a couple of coding errors I figured out a way that doesn't seem to be very recource intensive.
The code is surprisingly simple and I'm glad because then i can make it work on a lot of different projects.
The next step I'm going to take will (hopefully) adress collision with the goal of the path (when an unit aproaches an enemy and wants to attack it)